Sunday, October 5, 2014

Who's that girl? Sadly, not me. (New Girl - TV-14)

As a huge fan of Zooey Deschanel [The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, (500) Days of Summer] and Jake Johnson (Safety Not Guaranteed, Drinking Buddies), I had high hopes for this show from the get-go. And I have not been disappointed. Yes, the show is sitcom-y and some episodes are better than others. But I have squirmed and giggled and squealed like the ultimate girl the whole way through.

Image credit: www.viewersguide.ca


It's a-typical, it's imbalanced, and it's slightly controversial. Basically this show is just the best case scenario of a girl living with three (later four) guy roommates. This dynamic permits some really awkward moments of hilarity. The writing is just so witty! I find the jokes genuinely funny and I laugh or roll my eyes at each one.

Image credit: www.tumblr.com

Lemme let you in on a little secret... 

I like to imagine myself in New Girl....basically just as Jessica Day...because she's my spirit animal. She's full of inner feist and still believes in the good of humanity. She just wants to be herself and make people happy. And that's admirable. She's straight up weird but she has awesome people in her life that love her anyway.

I just really wish I could get into mini-misadventures with this troupe. And I most definitely want their apartment. I dream of toasting english muffins and brewing tea in their kitchen. 

Image credit: amandashoesmaker.wordpress.com

If you're looking for a cutsie show that's also funny enough to make your significant other laugh, New Girl is your jam. Seasons 1-3 are available on Netflix. Who's that girl? It's JESS. Rating: 3/5 pints of Ben & Jerry's.

1 comment:

  1. I've never actually seen this show but I only ever hear good things about it so consider it in my queue. Don't worry I've imagined myself in the Big Bang Theory so it's not unusual. Everyone else just lies about it.

    ReplyDelete