Saturday, October 25, 2014

Cue the Musical Montage. (Glee - TV-PG)

I used to watch Glee religiously. It actually fostered my interest in joining theater in high school. I was looking for community. Glee depicted a family of cutthroat drama lovers...exactly what I found in high school...and I loved it.

First of all, Glee is downright funny. The wit and the sass make me smile non-stop.

GIF credit: www.tumblr.com

Glee also tackles some of the serious social issues definitive of high school. These topics include sexuality, school violence, insecurity, college fears, bullying, parent pressure, peer pressure, anxiety disorders and mental illness, and physical disabilities, just to name a few...

Video Credit: Major Gleeks, YouTube

Plus the Christmas music is my absolute favorite.


Video Credit: AnskyLun, YouTube

I always found Glee to be thoroughly entertaining. Who could guess that this show is produced by the same man who makes American Horror Story? And while the most recent seasons took a bit of a plummet, mainly due to the cast additions not being incorporated well, the show still cranks out some awesome covers that will make you want to turn on the subtitles and sing along. Seasons 1 - 4 are available to stream instantly on Netflix. Rating: 4/5 pints of Ben & Jerry's.

1 comment:

  1. You and my sister would connect really well over this show. I can't stand it which is why it really is interesting that the producer is involved with AHS. He apparently has a wide range of interests.

    Katie I love your blog. It has great content and is written really well. You make minimal mistakes and they are usually just spelling or grammar here or there. Mistakes that are easy to overlook even when reading it over yourself, trust me mine is full of them. I look forward to reading the last posts!

    ReplyDelete